Intermediate Data Analysis with R-Studio (DS Commons, 3:00-4:30pm)
Are you a UVic student or Staff member and want to learn more about statistical and data analysis using RStudio? Are you a graduate student wondering how you’re going to analyze your research data? If so, then this hands-on workshop will give you some intermediate skills in RStudio, which is a free and open-source tool for analyzing and visualizing your data. If you have not taken our Introduction workshop for RStudio, we recommend you start there first!
Once you’ve completed this session you’ll be able to:
- Generate reports using R-Markdown
- “Apply” family of functions in R
- One, Two-sample t-tests and interpretation
- One-way ANOVA (Analysis of Variance)
- Multiple linear regression modeling
- Data visualization using ggplot
No programming skills are required for this workshop; just an interest and/or a desire to learn.
Before attending the orientation, please go to the following webpage and watch three short instructional videos and install the R and RStudio software on your laptop.
- One sample t-test (5 min): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPd8DOL13Iw
- Linear regression (5 min): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPG4NjIkCjc
- GGPLOT (First 7 min): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeqHMM4ziXA
- Bookmark or print this Reference table of useful R commands + examples (4 min): https://goo.gl/AE2Sv9
- Optional – FREE e-book “R in Action” @ Uvic online library: https://goo.gl/AwoVHh
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018
- 3:00pm - 4:30pm
- Mearns Centre for Learning