Introduction to Video Editing with iMovie (DS Commons, 2:00-3:00pm)
Introduction to Video Editing with iMovie
Are you a UVic student or Staff member and want to learn more about video editing? If so, then this hands-on workshop will give you an introduction to video editing using iMovie. Once you’ve completed this session you’ll create and edit a video in iMovie including:
- Create a New Project in iMovie.
- Import video into iMovie.
- Trim & Split video clips.
- Insert transitions between clips.
- Create Title and Credits.
- Mute or adjust audio volume in video clips.
- Video Export and publishing options.
- Import audio.
- Make a slow-motion video clip.
- Crop a video clip.
- How to use a green screen video.
By the end of the workshop, you will have created a basic video, and if you have time and desire, created a green screen video as well as a slow-motion video.
Before attending the orientation, please watch the short instructional videos, and take the pre-workshop quiz, so that you can be prepared for the hands-on exercises during the orientation (this will take less than 10 minutes):
- iMovie feature overview (2 min) – https://www.apple.com/ca/imovie/
- Video project walk through (6 min) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWXpaFFx8f0
- Reference: iMove Cheat Sheet PDF – https://goo.gl/pc3bE4
- Pre-workshop quiz: https://goo.gl/forms/0QrNvO0Ou87ONnxP2
Note: If you register using this online form your personal information will be retained by Eventbrite, a private company located outside of Canada. If you’d like to register for this class but keep your personal data within Canada, please email us and let us know the date and time of the session you would like to attend: firstname.lastname@example.org